August 2016 Maintenance Tips
- Plant Trees, Shrubs, & Perennials to enhance your garden! Although the summer is hot, you can still plant. Remember to water (or check for water) your newly planted perennials (3-4 times per week), shrubs (2-3 times per week) and trees (1-2 times per week).
- Water - Established plants continue to need water throughout the summer.
- Fertilize your annuals with a water-soluble fertilizer. Grow them to their fullest potential of flower & foliage before they succumb to a September frost.
- Weeding will help reduce Spring maintenance
- Deadhead spent annuals and perennials
- Plan or Install a new outdoor living space. Ask our sales team for advice, ideas, and expertise! Visit our showroom and outdoor living areas at 810 North Indiana Ave., Crown Point
- Overseed your lawn. Mid-August to Mid-September is the best time to reseed a lawn in Indiana. Newly seeded lawns will need to be watered 2-4 times daily depending on weather. Avoid over-watering and saturating the area. When seedlings are 2” high you can reduce frequency and water more deeply.