Hawaiian Chicken Skewers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tbsp.water
- 4 - chicken breasts, boneless/skinless, cut into 1-inch cubes -
- 1 - red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 - yellow red bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 - green bell pepper cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch cubes
- chopped cilantro for garnish
- In a small saucepan, whisk together the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, garlic, pepper, salt, water, and cornstarch.
- Bring the brown sugar mixture to boil for around 1 to 3 minutes until the mixture just starts to thicken. Remove from heat and reserve ¼ cup of the sauce for glazing.
- Marinate the chicken in the sauce in the fridge for at least 30 minutes. Thread the chicken on skewers along with the peppers, red onion, and pineapple.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes until the meat is done to the desired liking. Remove from the grill and baste with reserved sauce. Garnish with green onions if desired.