July 2016 Maintenance Tips
July Jubilation…Celebrating the Outdoors
- Plant Color in your garden! Although the summer is hot, you can still plant shrubs and perennials. Remember to water (or check for water) your newly planted annuals (daily), perennials (3-4 times per week), and shrubs (2-3 times per week).
- Water, Water, Water! Summer is a stressful time for new and existing plantings. Plants like about 1” of water per week, with deeper, less frequent waterings. Established plantings may benefit from watering at this point.
- Fertilize your annuals with a water-soluble fertilizer. Grow them to their fullest potential for flowering & foliage before they succumb to a Fall frost.
- Deadhead spent annuals and perennials
- Prune crowded or sprawling perennials to keep them in their place.
- Plan or Install a new outdoor living space. Ask our sales team for advice, ideas, and expertise!
Visit our showroom and outdoor living areas at 810 North Indiana Ave., Crown Point